Tuesday 16 July 2013

Sports: Derrick Rose ’100 Percent Healthy’; Will Play First Game Next Season

Derrick Rose in Madrid

Derrick Rose in Madrid
After sitting out 2 NBA playoffs series due to a knee injury, Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose says he’s 100 percent healthy and guaranteed to play the first game next season.
Rose made the comments during a press conference in Madrid, Italy, for his ADIDAS-sponsored ‘d rose tour.’
“I should be able to play in the first game,” Rose said. “I know I’m anxious right now to play. My health is everything right now, it’s 100 percent. But right now, the first game, I definitely will be playing it.”
The 6-foot-3, 24-year-old point guard signed a $250 million contract with ADIDAS in 2011. He earns $16.4 million annual salary with the Bulls.

This is good news for Chicago fans who were frustrated at the sight of their superstar riding the bench during the 2013 NBA playoffs.
Rose was medically cleared to play by the team doctor but he refused to suit up last season. Rose’s last game was April 28, 2012 when he tore the ACL ligament in his left knee while driving to the basket. He had surgery to repair his ACL on May 12, 2012.
When asked how he would feel when he steps on the court for the first time since his injury, Rose said, “I would say emotional but I’m not an emotional guy like that. I don’t know how I’m going to react actually when I step on the court or before the game. I know everybody is going to be watching… I’m just trying to prepare for it, go out there and see how it goes. I have a lot of confidence in myself.”
Rose’s girlfriend, Mieka Reese, gave birth to their son, Derrick, Jr., while he was out on medical leave in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment