Thursday 4 July 2013

Rapper T.I. is an Independent Artist


Rapper TI independent artist again
After 10 years and seven albums with Atlantic Records, rap mogul T.I.P. is once again an independent artist. T.I. began his illustrious career as a successful independent artist before signing his first record contract with LaFace Records back in the day. He is now on his own again and feeling fine after a deal with Sony Records fell through.

Rapper TI independent artist again
The Grand Hustle boss completed his obligation to the major with last year’s Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head and for now, he’s just enjoying the success he’s having with his current single with Lil Wayne before moving on to the next one.
“I got a record out now, me and Wayne,’ Wit Me,’ doing numbers every week, increasing on iTunes, increasing on Billboard top 100, so … I’m just continuing to push. Right now I’m an independent artist,” he told MTV News about the dynamic duo’s rising one-off banger. The song, which comes with a fast cars, hot women and cop-evading video directed by Phillyflyboy comes just as the pair are planning to hit the road together for a summer amphitheater tour?.
“It’s a lot of work, man, it’s a lot of resources to be dedicated to it,” T.I. said of being back in control of his destiny. “But at the end of the day I think it’s worth it. It put me back into mind of where we were after ‘I’m Serious,’ where we had to put our own funds and resources into [2003's] Trap Muzik … I think that led to a beautiful situation … and I think right now we’re just working to reach another beautiful situation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment