Friday 22 March 2013

De Rossi hits back at critics over Roma form

Daniele De Rossi WallpapersThe 29-year-old midfielder has been lambasted by some for his lack of goals for Giallorossi this season, but has defended himself after finding the net for Italy against Brazil
Italy and Roma star Daniele De Rossi has come out fighting following Thursday's 2-2 draw with Brazil, having received negative attention over his goalscoring form of late.

The 29-year-old has failed to hit the back of the net for Giallorossi in 21 appearances this season, but scored in Thursday's contest with the South American side to take his tally to four for his country this season.

"What do you want me to say, that I try harder for Italy than Roma? That with the national side I decide to shoot at goal and with Roma I don't bother to shoot?" De Rossi told Corriere.
"Everyone knows how much I care about Roma, and for me it is insulting to hear this kind of talk," he continued.

In the second half De Rossi shifted to a more central playmaking role with Andrea Pirlo off the pitch, and while he enjoyed playing there he said that nobody can replace the 33-year-old Italian legend.
"Pirlo is still the strongest in the world in his position, and that role is still very much his.
"I feel good everywhere I play. I like this role, but in Rome they say that I do not like to play in that position, which is another crazy story. It's another false accusation."

No comments:

Post a Comment