Friday 14 June 2013

Jay Z Signs Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Roc Nation Sports (SATIRE)


Jay Z Signs Dale Earnhardt Jr
UPDATE: According to That Girl at Rhymeswithsnitch.com, Sports Pickle is a satire website. The report after the break is not true. My apologies for the error.

The following post is SATIRE from Sportspickle.com.
Like most typical rich men, Jay Z likes to collect things. Most men collect tangible objects such as cars, guns, women, etc. In Jay Z’s case, he likes to collect professional athletes from every major sport.
It matters not that Jay Z doesn’t know a thing about managing professional athletes. Apparently, the athletes themselves are attracted to his prominence as a rap god and the prestige of his brand.
Sportspicckle.com reports that Jay Z has added NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. to his roster at Roc Nations Sports management. Earnhardt joins a roster that includes NY Yankees star Robinson Cano, NFL rookie quarterback Geno Smith, WNBA player Skylar Diggins, and NBA superstar Kevin Durant.
“I feel like my brand is well-known among NASCAR fans, but I want it to grow beyond stock car racing,” said Earnhardt, Jr. “And Jay-Z is where it’s at right now. I am excited to work with him and the good folks at Roc Nation.”
Jay Z bristled at suggestions that signing Earnhardt was a strange acquisition.
“Why? Why would you say that? I think I know why you’re saying that,” said rap mogul. “I aim to make Roc Nation the premier sports agency. This is legitimate. You can’t pigeonhole me to just black athletes in the three major sports. You might want to, but you can’t.”
Earnhardt already feels like a fish out of water among Jay Z’s urban sports stars.
“Before today, I never spoke to a black person, so this is pretty exciting,” he said. “This is something I can scratch off my bucket list.”

No comments:

Post a Comment