Friday 11 October 2013

Producers hate me because I don't let them sleep with upcoming actresses-Emeka Ike

Wondering why Emeka Ike is hardly seen in movies?Wonder no more,the actor says producers hate him because he frowns at sexual harrasment. He told Nigerianfilms
“If you knock at their office and you can’t sleep with them, you won't be allowed to act. Is it fair to tell a girl that ‘if I don’t sleep with you, you won’t get my favour?’ if God does that to us, where would we be today? This situation is a general norm. Ask the smallest artiste about my position on the situation. I have stopped productions severally because of this (s3xual harassment). That’s why sometimes they get issues with me. 

 Emeka narrated an ugly incident he witnessed on a movie set, he said,
“There was a day I saw a girl crying at a corner of a movie set, her name is Esther. She is a make-up artiste now because she has stopped acting for them (emphasis).
“I approached her and asked why she was crying. She was lamenting like a girl who has just lost her mother. She told me that ‘look at the girl going with my script, that ugly animal. The producer said if I can’t sleep with him, I can’t get the script. 
“She mentioned the name of the person. So because she can’t sleep with that man, she has to be marginalized, Kai! I have something against that. If a girl wants to sleep with you because you are a star or because she likes you, so be it. Don’t arm-twist someone, that is rape. Abroad, they will go to jail for even suggesting it to her.  
"You need to be responsible and responsive to the young people you have exposed acting to. You need to stand up and fight for them. Right now, they are interested in acting and there is no place to go to. They go to Ajao and they tell them open your legs, is that what we made the industry for? 
“I gave the lady her artiste fee that day. Go to Enugu and ask of Esther, the make-up artiste. She will tell you about this story. That is why they don’t like me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment