Friday 11 October 2013

"I'd love to marry Genevieve,my story is not complete without her"-Dbanj

Dbanj is obviously still inlove with Genevieve..He said his plan for Hollywood in a movie called Banga Lee staring Genevieve Lol
He opened up in an interview with Jayne Augoye  of Punch ..Excerpts below
 “Apart from the fact that she is my friend, she has been a part of my success. There is no way you are going to tell my story that Genevieve’s name will not come up because she featured in my biggest song of all time, Fall in Love. So if E True Story comes to Nigeria to interview me, she will definitely be called upon to tell my story.I would love to have Genevieve as my wife.  We never can tell what God plans for us in the future. I have studied her and I realised that anyone that has her as his woman has found himself a treasure. Just like the Bible says, any man who finds a wife, finds a good thing.”
ON REMAINING RELEVANT

“So much has happened in the last 18 months and I am very thankful to God. By the Grace of God, I have remained relevant for nearly a decade in the music industry and I have released hit songs every year. Also, I am glad that I have been chosen to headline the Hennessy Artistry this year. This is one brand that understands the importance of aligning with the entertainment industry.
My career is barely 10 years old.But with the success I have achieved so far, it feels like three decades already. Within my first 10 years as a musician, I have recorded the biggest song and shot the most viewed music video of all time, ‘Oliver Twist’. I must say I am humbled and getting ready to take over,”
On DONJAZZY
“If I say I don’t miss Don Jazzy, I am lying. I have spent the better part of my career with him. I was married to him in a way (laughs). So I miss everything about Mo’Hits: the family, the movement, and the vibe of being in the studio with him. I miss the jokes and the arguments, but I have since keyed into the notion that nothing can stop a moving train.
“Nevertheless we can always do music together. The track, ‘Top of the World’ was produced by a Grammy Award Winner. The songs ‘Finally’ and ‘Don’t Tell Me Nonsense’ was produced by my producer while ‘Oliver Twist’ was produced by Don Jazzy. So, why won’t I have him on my 10 years anniversary album?

On his success
“I have never said I am a musician; I am an entertainer. Some people say I can pick up a microphone and become a comedian. Therefore nobody should come and ask if I want to go into acting because they should know I am already an actor. It depends on when the right script and concept lands in my hands.
“For now, I am concerned about achieving new things and breaking new grounds. By the time I enter Hollywood, I believe that I’ll become as successful as I have been as a singer. The movie titled ‘I am Banga Lee’, starring Genevieve, to be released in 2014, won’t be a bad idea,”

No comments:

Post a Comment