Sunday 9 June 2013

How my fiance "Teebillz" wiped away my shame – Tiwa Savage

Tiwa Savage in a recent Interview

Why did you say he took your shame away.  Were you ashamed of being single?
(Laughs). You know in Nigeria when a lady isn’t married and is just focused on her career, people think  there’s something wrong with her. But he understood my journey. He  was able to push me career-wise and encourage me. So, I just had to do a song for him.

There’s a mix up somewhere. Are you signed to Marvin or 323 Entertainment?
I’m actually signed unto 323 Entertainment. It’s owned by Tunji Balogun, T.J and he’s also my partner, we own it together. 323 is under Mavin but ...
Tunji handles my day to day business.


Why was the Mavin crew absent at your album listening session?
You well know that I’m also part of the crew and the day I held my album listening session was an important day in my life and career. So, their absence wasnt deliberate. They were away in South Africa for the opening show of Big Brother Africa- The Chase. They had to perform live. But they surprised me on that day when they sent in a live recorded message to me. It was played for all to see . I was so happy because I didn’t expect it, honestly.

You’re signed to Mavin and 323. Where is the place of Sony Records?
I’m still signed to Sony in America as a songwriter. And even as I’m doing my album there, I’m still writing for other artistes. I just had to make that commitment. I just did a song for Monica called Catch With Me Him on her last album. And they just called me few weeks ago that I have another song with Fantasia again, and other songs I’m writing for other artistes. So I’m still signed to the label. .

What was growing up like for you?
Growing up was very interesting. There were no barriers, I was just free. I had a very healthy upbringing. My parents ensured that I was grounded and I had lovely brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment