Thursday 7 March 2013

Kanye West crowns Lil Wayne the best rapper alive


Lil Wayne? Not Jay Z? Lol. MTV just released their list for the Hottest MCs in the game and when asked who he felt was the best rapper alive, Kanye, who was placed at No. 7 in the list, picked Lil Wayne.

Here's the thing; Lil Wayne and Jay Z are arch enemies...and being Jay Z's former bff, one would have expected Kanye to pick Jigga. Besides Jay Z is a better rapper than Lil Wayne, right? Stop the beef Kanye...lol

Anyway in an interview after the MTV list came out Kanye explains, 
"Yeah, #7 bothers me. I think that Wayne is the number one rapper in the world."
See the rest after the cut...

"I just think he’s like, you know, him and Jay and Em (Eminem) and certain people are just the greatest rappers of all time. For me I feel that in order for them to put me as #7, they had to bring up things that they didn’t like [about me]."
"[Like] They didn’t like the Cruel Summer album. And I’m like, “That’s a compilation. It ain’t all rappers on G.O.O.D. Music.”
"Cruel Summer got “Don’t Like (Remix),” “Mercy,” “Cold,” “New God Flow” all on one joint, you know. And “Clique,” and “Clique!” You can’t name five records like that on no album. But they wanna diss me and be like, “He did Cruel Summer and he can’t say he ain’t part of it ’cause he’s on eight records…” Like they wanna try to—ain’t nobody bringin’ up that “Diamonds” remix verse. There wasn’t no verse in a year that’s fuckin’ with that verse."
"It’s definitely not based on a body of work, but possibly could just be overall rap, MC swag. Sean is a great rapper, period. It checks all the boxes. What happens is with them, with these types of judges and people who review it, when you come in, I had like the pink polo and the backpack and I’m checkin’ all the boxes of that Tribe Called Quest era and J. Dilla and all that, so they wanna champion it. They don’t like Givenchy Kanye. They don’t like Kanye in a kilt. They don’t like Kanye in a relationship."

No comments:

Post a Comment