Sunday 10 March 2013

I won’t retire from music until…, says Sunny Ade

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/sites/default/files/articleimages/sunny.jpg
JUJU music maestro, Mr. Sunday Adeniyi, aka King Sunny Ade, has said he would not quit music until he wins the prestigious American prize, Grammy Award.

KSA, as he is popularly called said this, yesterday, at a roundtable organised by the League of Veteran Journalists, OyoState branch. The musician had been nominated twice for the award.King Sunny Ade who agreed with Professor Olawale Albert, Director,  Institute for African Studies, University of Ibadan that if Nigerians wanted him to win the award, it would not be difficult, said  “a prophet is without honour in his own country”.He said: “It is for everyone of you to assist Nigerian musicians. I will continue to work hard. If I don’t get it, I won’t leave music. That is why I am trying to train my children. If I don’t get it, my children will get it. Nigerian musicians would get it”.Contrary to expectations of some people that there was rivalry between him and his Juju counterpart, Chief Ebenezer Obey, he explained there was no rivalry of any sort, adding that it only existed in public perception.According to him, he and Obey arranged that for good 30 years, they never met in the same outing.On the proliferation of obscene and immoral music, he noted that it should be blamed on the public that promotes such music.Sunny Ade commended Nigerian media for the enviable heights he attained in the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment